Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Time for Cards!

The past few days I have been working on making greeting cards during my daughter's nap time. I like to give sets of them as gifts and they are also nice to have on hand for a quick thank you or birthday card. Generally when I see a patterned paper I like, I pick it up to have on hand for when I get motivated to create some cards. I only buy what I absolutely love, even if that means I leave a store with nothing. With this philosophy, I get much more excited about what I create. I have quite a collection of patterned paper and also scraps that I have been trying to use up for a few years now.

In high school and also after during winter/summer breaks from college I worked at Archiver's (an amazing photo memory store). I really built up my collection of paper, stamps, and embellishments during that time. I miss working there, it was a fun atmosphere and I loved to help others with their projects. I also taught various classes that were held at the store and was able to learn lots of tricks and techniques.

Last week I visited Michael's in Eau Claire and fell in love with their selection. I have never seen such a great selection at any other Michael's. I picked up a few things since I was in a time crunch, but cannot wait to go back and spend some more time looking.

Here are just a few samples of the cards I made this afternoon:



0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home