Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

After giving it some long thought a few weeks ago and after continual review since, I have come up with my New Year's Resolutions. I have to say that I look at resolutions more as goals for the upcoming year, like stepping stones to my larger goals. As I have stated previously, I have been at a bit of a loss for new goals since graduating from college. I think I had the same big goal for so long (since the beginning of high school) that once I reached it, I felt like "now what?"

Also before I write my list I have to say that I refuse to say "lose 10 pounds" or anything along those lines because I do not believe it is healthy for me to think that way. I am more focused on feeling good and being overall healthy. When I was 14/15, I had a eating disorder that put me in a very scary situation with my health (at my lowest I was a size 0 in juniors and weighed less than 100 pounds when I normally weigh around 135 and am a size 6 or 8). Since getting back to my normal weight, I refuse to own a scale and only base any weight loss on how my clothes fit. With that said, here is my list for the upcoming year:

1. Try 2 new recipes a week
2. Make a meal plan and grocery list each week
3. Use coupons when I go to the grocery store when possible
4. Practice Pilates 3x a week
5. Find one more workout I enjoy and alternate with Pilates
6. Read 2 books a month
7. Post to my blog at least 8 times a month
8. Learn to knit
9. Finish my portfolio
10. Find a "big girl" job

I have to say I like my list and feel that it is both attainable and challenging for me. Lists and goals make me accomplish more and the best part is the feeling I get when I am able to cross something off my list! It is probably the reason I keep To-Do lists everyday.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home